Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This stir-fry abounds with typical Japanese ingredients, including snow peas, edamame, shiitake mushrooms, sake, and mirin. If you can’t find shiso leaves (available at farmers’ markets and in Asian grocery stores), garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon each slivered basil and mint leaves.
1. Whisk together egg whites and whole egg in small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add snow peas, mushrooms, edamame, and green onions; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown. Add ginger and 3 Tbs. water; stir-fry 3 minutes more.
3. Add egg mixture to wok, along with soy sauce, sake, and mirin. Stir-fry 30 seconds, or until egg is just cooked through. Break up any large egg pieces with spoon. Garnish each serving with shiso leaves.
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 507 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g