This jerk tofu with mango-lime salsa is giving us tropical sunshine in a bowl, no matter when or where we cook it. The recipe calls for store-bought jerk seasoning, but you can also easily make your own blend and dial in the flavors and spice level to your taste.
Related Recipes to Try Next:
Jamaican Jerk Tempeh
Jamaican Vegetable Patties
Jamaican-Style Black Bean and Coconut Cornbread Bake
Jerk Tofu with Mango Lime Salsa
- In a large bowl, combine one-half of the lime juice with jerk seasoning, ginger and garlic. Add tofu; gently turn to coat. Set aside. (Tip: For more intense flavor, marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes or longer.)
- Prepare salsa: In a large bowl, toss together mango, cilantro and remaining one-half of lime juice. Season with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Working in batches, add tofu and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown. Serve tofu with mango salsa and top with almonds and coconut.
From Clean Eating
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 459
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 495 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g