- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely minced (1 1/2 Tbs.)
- 1 12-oz. bunch Tuscan kale, deveined and sliced in 1/2-inch-thick ribbons (8 cups)
- 1 large red apple, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced (11/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 11/2 oz. aged Gouda, thinly shaved with vegetable peeler (1/3 cup)
1. To make Maple Pecans: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and toss until well coated. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake 12 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Let cool to room temperature.
2. To make Vinaigrette: whisk together all ingredients, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To assemble Salad: Place kale in large bowl; gently massage 3 Tbs. Vinaigrette into leaves to ensure even coverage. Gently toss with apple and pomegranate seeds, and transfer to serving bowl. Top with Maple Pecans and shaved Gouda.
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 288 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g