Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This hearty salad shows how well pomegranates go with other fall ingredients. Tuscan kale is also known as lacinato kale or dinosaur kale.
1. To make Maple Pecans: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and toss until well coated. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake 12 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Let cool to room temperature.
2. To make Vinaigrette: whisk together all ingredients, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To assemble Salad: Place kale in large bowl; gently massage 3 Tbs. Vinaigrette into leaves to ensure even coverage. Gently toss with apple and pomegranate seeds, and transfer to serving bowl. Top with Maple Pecans and shaved Gouda.
- Calories 216
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 288 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g