Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This is a heartier cold soup than most, thanks to the steamed potatoes and carrots. Serve with dark rye or pumpernickel bread.
1. Stir together kefir, green onions, and dill in pitcher or medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill at least 1 hour (or overnight).
2. Steam potatoes and carrots in steamer basket over boiling water 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender, but still firm. Transfer to bowl to cool.
3. Add cucumber, radishes, and arugula to potato mixture. Pour kefir mixture over vegetables, and stir to combine.
- Calories 89
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 58 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g