Fresh lime juice imparts a bright acidity.
- avocado oil or vegetable oil, plus more for brushing skillet, divided
- king trumpet mushrooms, sliced ¼-inch thick
- cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- tsp. lime juice
- serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- large avocado
- lime wedges, for garnish
1 Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush skillet lightly with oil.
2 Working in batches, add mushrooms in single layer and sear 1 minute per side, or until brown on edges and beginning to soften. Transfer mushrooms to baking sheet to cool. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and cool.
3 Purée ½ cup cilantro and 5 Tbs. oil in mini food processor until smooth. Strain oil through fine sieve into small bowl, pressing on solids to release as much oil as possible. Mix in lime juice and sliced chile.
4 Arrange avocado slices on platter. Top with mushrooms in single layer. Drizzle cilantro oil over top. Scatter remaining cilantro leaves over carpaccio. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size: Per 3/4-cup serving
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 169 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g