Mini vegetables add visual interest to any meal, and petite sweet peppers hold a particular charm. But if you can’t find them, just substitute full-sized peppers cut into strips.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 8 oz. mini sweet red and yellow peppers, cored, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 450F.
Heat oil in deep, 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, zucchini and garlic, and sauté 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
Whisk together eggs, milk and 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Add egg mixture to vegetables in skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until almost set, lifting the edges of the tart to let uncooked eggs run underneath.
Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 5 minutes, or until top of tart is golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro, and slice into wedges.
- Calories: 241
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 230 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 240 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g