Late-Summer Crustless Pepper Tart
Mini vegetables add visual interest to any meal, and petite sweet peppers hold a particular charm. But if you can’t find them, just substitute full-sized peppers cut into strips.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 8 oz. mini sweet red and yellow peppers, cored, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Heat oil in deep, 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, zucchini and garlic, and sauté 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk and 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Add egg mixture to vegetables in skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until almost set, lifting the edges of the tart to let uncooked eggs run underneath.
4. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 5 minutes, or until top of tart is golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro, and slice into wedges.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 241
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 230 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g