This ice cream dessert is a happy combination of some of the most popular flavors: chocolate, vanilla and raspberry. But don’t stop here, any of your favorite ice creams can be used.
- 12 unfilled ladyfingers
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or chocolate frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 2 cups nondairy whipped topping or 1 cup heavy cream, whipped stiff with 1 Tbs. sugar
Tear off two 20-inch lengths of aluminum foil. Place on top of each other and fold over sides to make 9-inch-wide strip. Fit into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, letting ends extend above long sides of pan to cover top when filled.
Split ladyfingers apart and separate tops from bottoms.
Spoon raspberry sherbet into foil-lined loaf pan. With back of spoon, press into even layer.
Arrange 12 ladyfinger halves over sherbet (make 4 rows with 3 ladyfingers each). Top with even layer of vanilla ice cream. Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers and chocolate ice cream.
Fold foil tightly over top of loaf. Freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
To serve, fold back foil. Loosen ends from pan with thin knife. Holding foil, carefully lift loaf from pan and invert onto serving dish.
Just before serving, spread whipped cream over top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 59 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 69 mg