Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The olive oil in a jar of sun-dried tomatoes is liquid gold in recipes. Here it’s used to sauté sliced leeks and dress layers of phyllo dough.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. sun-dried tomato oil in skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until leeks are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover, and cook 5 minutes more.
3. Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface, and brush with sun-dried tomato oil. Place second sheet on top, and brush with more oil. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets. Press phyllo stack into prepared pie pan, trimming edges with scissors and patching any gaps with oiled phyllo scraps.
4. Whisk together eggs and ricotta cheese. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and leeks. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and spread in phyllo crust. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until filling is puffy and top is golden.
- Calories 199
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 211 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g