Good for dessert, this dish also makes for a cheery wake-up in the morning. Select your favorite lemon cookies or lemon bars as an after-dinner pairing, or serve lemon-flavored muffins for breakfast. Chilled, tart lemonade underscores the citrus accent.
- 11/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 10-oz. box quick-cooking couscous
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 11/2 cups (about 7 oz.) green seedless grapes
- 6 kiwis, peeled and cubed
1. Combine water, lemon juice, sugar, lemon extract, and lemon zest in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook couscous according to package directions.
2. Place almonds and grapes in large serving bowl, preferably glass. When couscous done, spoon into bowl, and toss with grapes and almonds, making sure that couscous is fluffy. Spoon yogurt over top, and sprinkle on kiwi cubes and mint leaves for garnish, if using.
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 68 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 65 mg
- Sugar Content: 36 g