Lemon cucumbers are named for their round, yellow appearance, not their flavor, which is sweet and mild. If not available, choose another heirloom cucumber, such as Japanese or Armenian, for this salad.
- 3 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tsp. chopped jalapeño chile
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh lavender (optional)
- 1 lb. lemon cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
In small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, chile pepper and lavender if using. Season with salt and pepper.
In medium bowl, combine cucumbers, onion and red pepper. Pour over dressing and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
Arrange lettuce leaves on individual serving plates. Spoon a generous amount of salad over leaves. Serve right away.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 221 mg