Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
You will love what a splash of fresh lemon juice and a touch of mint can do for rice.
1. Bring water to a boil in saucepan, add rice, and bring to a second boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Add scallions, bell peppers, currants and mint. Stir, and add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Cover, and cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Calories 135
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 76 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g