The rosemary and lemon aromas of these cookies will make your kitchen smell like an Italian bakery.
- 4 oz. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado or sanding sugar for decorating
1. Beat butter, sugar, rosemary, and lemon zest with electric mixer 3 minutes, or until creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
2. Whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Add to butter mixture, and beat until just combined. Shape into 2 1-inch-wide logs. Wrap in wax paper, and chill 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Slice cookies into 1/3-inch-thick rounds. Place turbinado sugar in bowl and press one cut side of cookies into sugar. Place sugar-side up on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Calories: 48
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 63 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g