Silken tofu makes a delightfully light and creamy filling for this vegan version of cheesecake. Make it the day before serving to allow its flavors to develop.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 lb. Japanese-style firm silken tofu
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 to 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbs. soy milk or rice milk.
Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix cracker crumbs, syrup and extract until crumbs are moistened. Pour into oiled 9-inch pie plate; press mixture firmly to form crust. Bake 5 minutes; let cool while preparing the filling.
In food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture into crust. Bake until top is slightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 160 mg