Haley Fredrickson has been a vegetarian for 16 years, and she concocted this recipe to create a healthful treat free of refined sugars and white flour for her two children. They love them—and so do we.
- 1 cup whole-grain spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. nonaluminum baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 /2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. organic lemon flavoring
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. In small bowl, whisk together soymilk, brown rice syrup, oil, and lemon flavoring.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well by hand.
Gently fold in raspberries. Fill the cups of 12-cup muffin tin two-thirds full.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let muffins cool on cooling rack so bottoms do not become soggy.
- Calories: 136
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 108 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g