Explore the delicate side of curry with this Vietnamese dish.
- 12 oz. firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large shallots, chopped (11/2 cups)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, inner core chopped (11/2 Tbs.)
- 1/2 serrano chile, chopped (1 Tbs.)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 4 small carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch slices (11/4 cups)
- 1 13.5-oz can light coconut milk
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges (11/4 cups)
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, and cook 10 minutes, or until golden on all sides.
2. Pulse shallots, lemongrass, chile, ginger, and garlic in food processor until smooth paste forms.
3. Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add shallot paste, and cook 5 minutes, or until starting to brown. Stir in curry powder, turmeric, carrots, coconut milk, and 11/2 cups water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes. Add broccoli, tomato, and tofu; cook 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Calories: 189
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 43 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g