A marmalade glaze brings out the natural sweetness of carrots in this fat-free side dish.
- 4 cups sparkling lemonade or lemon-lime soda
- 1 lb. baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbs. chopped, fresh chives
1 Bring sparkling lemonade or soda and carrots to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Drain, and reserve 3 Tbs. liquid. Transfer carrots to serving platter.
2 Whisk together marmalade and reserved 3 Tbs. liquid, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle over carrots, and garnish with chives.
- Serving Size: per 1/2-cup serving
- Calories: 74
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 69 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g