Preparing this pilaf in a skillet rather than a saucepan guarantees the quinoa and legumes cook evenly. Dried currants and balsamic vinegar give the meal a hint of sweet-and-sour flavor.
- 2 1/2Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 6 green onions, sliced (1 cup), divided
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. pine nuts
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup dried currants, divided
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1. Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup green onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth, lentils, and quinoa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in small skillet over low heat 3 minutes.
3. Toss arugula with 2 Tbs. currants, 1 1/2 Tbs. toasted pine nuts, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in bowl. Serve lentil mixture over arugula mixture sprinkled with remaining green onions, currants, and pine nuts.
- Calories: 481
- Carbohydrate Content: 68 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 161 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g