Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These elegant little packages make a great main dish or appetizer. Try them with a drizzle of creamy tofu dressing.
1. Combine quinoa and 1/12 cups water in medium saucepan. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Transfer quinoa to bowl, fluff with fork and refrigerate 20 minutes.
2. Stir in tahini and lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide quinoa mixture into 12 portions. Using your hands, roll mixture into short, fat cigar shapes.
3. To make wraps, place 1 portion onto each lettuc leave, and add a few mint springs. Fold sides over filling, and roll up. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 305 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g