Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
“I learned this recipe for the classic Italian comfort food from a Neapolitan friend. His version is supereasy and requires little stirring,” Todd Oldham says.
1. Heat butter and oil in saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion in butter and oil for 4 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add rice, and sauté until lightly brown. Add 3 ½ cups water and bouillon cubes, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring every 3 or 4 minutes to avoid sticking. Add more water as needed to end up with a slightly runny sauce with firm rice.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese, capers, and red pepper flakes. Fold in parsley, radicchio, and endive. Spoon risotto onto plates, and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Press small indentation at center of each serving, and fill with ½ tsp. vinegar.
- Calories 337
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 833 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g