This recipe combines the luxury of real whipped cream with the healthfulness of low-fat yogurt. Its great with fresh berries and keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. orange liqueur or orange juice
1. Line sieve or colander with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set over medium bowl, leaving at least 1/2 inch of clearance from bottom. Spoon in yogurt, cover and let drain in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. Discard liquid.
2. Whip cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt and orange liqueur or orange juice. Serve immediately, or store chilled.
- Calories: 21
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g