Chickpeas aren’t the only beans you can use to make hummus; this minty green dip is equally satisfying with a hint of garlic and lemon.
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen baby lima beans, rinsed and drained, plus more for garnish, optional
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1 1/2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
1. Cook lima beans in saucepan with 1/2 cup water 6 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
2. Purée lima beans with oil, lime juice, and garlic in food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and add mint. Pulse 30 seconds to combine. Garnish with whole lima beans and olive oil, if using.
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 27 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g