These are simple to prepare but look fancy. Use the long, ridged cucumbers (known as English, Dutch, hothouse or seedless) because they contain less water and fewer seeds.
- 1 seedless cucumber, about 1 foot long 7 oz. feta cheese
- 1 Tbs. sour cream
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped mint
- 1 Tbs. finely snipped chives
- 1 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 juice oranges, thinly sliced and pitted for garnish
Trim ends of cucumber, and cut in half crosswise, then lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Blot cut sides with paper towel.
Crumble feta into bowl. Add sour cream, orange juice, mint, chives, orange zest and salt; mash with fork. Add a little water, if needed—mixture should be more creamy than crumbly.
Mound filling into cucumber halves. Cut stuffed cucumber into 1-inch pieces.
Place on orange slices, and garnish with additional chives. Divide among 8 salad plates, or arrange on party platter.
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g