Avocados give this luscious dessert its rich, creamy texture. “We always have fun with this recipe because we ask people to guess what’s in it,” says Murray. The key is to use avocados that are neither underripe nor overripe, both of which have superstrong avocado flavor.
- 3 Hass avocados (2 cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbs. raw agave nectar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. raw cocoa powder
- 3 Tbs. raw almond butter
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. flavored extract such as mint, cherry, orange, almond, hazelnut, or coffee, optional
Purée all ingredients in food processor 3 to 4 minutes, or until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Transfer to bowls, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 11 mg
- Sugar Content: 29 g