You can heat this soup until it is warm and it will still be considered "live," according to vegan chefs Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray.
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 Tbs. nama shoyu or soy sauce
- 5 dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 Tbs. organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber or zucchini
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs. raw agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
1. Stir together sprouts and nama shoyu, and let marinate while you prepare soup.
2. Soak apricots in bowl of boiling water 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Place apricots, tomatoes, green onion, vinegar, ginger, and 3 cups water in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl, and stir in cucumber, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, agave nectar, cayenne pepper, and sprout mixture.
- Calories: 59
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 682 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g