Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
You can heat this soup until it is warm and it will still be considered “live,” according to vegan chefs Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray.
1. Stir together sprouts and nama shoyu, and let marinate while you prepare soup.
2. Soak apricots in bowl of boiling water 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Place apricots, tomatoes, green onion, vinegar, ginger, and 3 cups water in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl, and stir in cucumber, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, agave nectar, cayenne pepper, and sprout mixture.
- Calories 59
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 682 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g