A raw rendition of an old-favorite breakfast cereal. Mixed with fresh fruit and spices, it's a great way to start the day.
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped fresh fruit, such as bananas, apples, papaya
- 2 cups oat groats (steel-cut oats), soaked 8 to 12 hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, soaked 1 hour, cover raisins with filtered water (save soak water)
1. In food processor, combine oats, raisins, raisin soak water and process until almost smooth. Add 1 cup chopped fruit and cinnamon. Pulse 30 seconds to blend.
2. Transfer mixture to individual serving bowls and fold in remaining chopped fruit. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Calories: 491
- Carbohydrate Content: 116 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 16 mg