Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
3. Melt 2 Tbs. butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook 1 minute. Add milk, and cook 6 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over noodles, and combine.
5. Transfer to 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake 45 minutes, or until top is crisp and beginning to brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 269
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 447 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g