This may be the best brownie you've ever had—especially since it's low calorie!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sucralose-type sweetener
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or soy margarine, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8- or 9-inch square cake pan.
2. Stir together flour, sweetener and baking powder in bowl. Beat together butter, eggs and vanilla in separate bowl until butter is broken into little pieces. Add applesauce, and stir until blended. Fold in flour mixture until moistened. Fold in white chocolate. Measure out 1/2 cup of mixture, and drop by spoonfuls into prepared pan.
3. Fold cocoa powder and chocolate chips into remaining batter. Gently spoon chocolate batter over white batter. Batter is thick, so smooth out surface.
4. Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Calories: 125
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 65 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g