A home-style dessert gets a tropical twist by baking spiced mangoes and pineapple beneath a crunchy crumble topping. Serve with non-dairy, vanilla ice cream.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbs. packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 tsp. grated nutmeg, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbs. chilled vegan margarine, cut into pieces, divided
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch-square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/8 tsp. allspice, and salt in medium bowl. Add 4 Tbs. margarine, and rub with fingertips until mixture forms coarse meal. Press together until mixture begins to form moist clumps. Stir in pecans and coconut.
2. Combine remaining 3 Tbs. brown sugar, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp. allspice in large bowl. Add mangoes and pineapple, and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking dish; dot top with remaining 1 Tbs. margarine. Sprinkle oat topping over mango mixture.
3. Bake 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and juices bubble. Cool 10 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 354
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 17.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Sodium Content: 204 mg
- Sugar Content: 33 g