Always adaptable, a fresh mango turns up here as a sweet accent in this savory stir-fry main course. If you are a mango fanatic, increase the amount of mango cubes to suit your tasteand passion.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 8 oz. teriyaki-seasoned baked tofu, cubed
- 8 oz. snow peas, trimmed
- 8 oz. bean sprouts, rinsed
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3/4 cup mango juice
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbs. water
- 3 oz. bean thread noodles, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes
Heat wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil. Add garlic, stir-fry for 30 seconds and add tofu cubes. Stir-fry for 1 minute, and add snow peas, bean sprouts and flesh from one mango. Continue cooking for 2 to 4 minutes more.
Mix mango juice with soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch mixture, and stir into wok. Cover wok, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
Drain noodles. Remove cover, and stir in noodles. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, and place on serving platter or individual plates. Garnish with remaining mango cubes, and serve.
- Calories: 390
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 520 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g