Kulfi is an Indian-style frozen dessert that’s similar to ice cream but doesn’t require an ice cream maker to prepare. This one’s flavored with mangoes, a traditional kulfi ingredient that also happens to be packed with vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- 8 oz. frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 2 12-oz. cans fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 14-oz. can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and minced, optional
1. Place mango chunks in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add evaporated milk, condensed milk, and cardamom; process until blended. Pour mixture into 1 1/2-qt. metal container. Cover, and freeze 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with jalapeño, if using.
- Calories: 225
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 161 mg
- Sugar Content: 46 g