Take a sweet trip to India with this easy frozen treat, spiked with green cardamom and nuggets of pistachio. Silken tofu makes it extra creamy and smooth with no dairy. Grinding the seeds from whole cardamom pods offers the freshest flavor—look for the pods at spice purveyors and gourmet kitchenware stores.
- 1 large ripe mango (1 lb.), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup drained soft silken tofu
- 2 pods green cardamom, split, seeds removed and finely ground, or 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
1. Blend mango, sugar, tofu, cardamom, and salt in blender until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
2. Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once ice cream is set, fold in pistachios.
- Calories: 148
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 26 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g