Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A slightly sweet cornbread helps tame the heat of spicy dishes such as chili.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Whisk together soymilk, margarine, maple syrup, and vinegar in bowl. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture. Fold in corn kernels.
3. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, and bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into muffins comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then unmold, and serve warm.
- Calories 148
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 244 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g