Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Gluten-free flour mix gives these cookies a wonderful melt-in-your-mouth texture.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pecans 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat margarine, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in flour with spatula until just mixed. Fold in pecans.
3. Shape dough into two 10-inch logs. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
4. Unwrap dough logs, and let stand 20 minutes at room temperature. Roll logs in sanding sugar, then slice into 1/4-inch disks. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden.
- Calories 55
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 49 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g