Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Ground pecans give these tender scones a rich, nutty flavor through and through. Maple syrup makes the dough very soft. Use an ice cream scoop to shape the scones.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat two baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Pulse together 2 cups flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar in food processor. Add butter, and pulse until butter reduces to pea-size pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Grind pecans in food processor until they start to clump together. Stir pecans into butter mixture, add maple syrup and sour cream, and mix until just combined. (Do not overmix.)
4. Place remaining 1 cup flour on plate. Scoop 2-inch balls of dough into flour, and roll to coat with flour. Arrange dough balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, and bake 25 minutes, or until edges turn golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Calories 304
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 498 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g