Nutritious and delicious, this pudding can work just as well as a breakfast dish as it can for dessert. For breakfast, offer berry muffins with fruit preserves alongside the pudding; for dinner, start with grilled tofu and a tossed green salad.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 3 Tbs. pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 oz. dried pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz. dried apricots or dried papaya, snipped
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling, and stir in quinoa. Cover pan, reduce heat to low and cook until quinoa turns translucent, for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whip together ricotta cheese and tofu until smooth. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Spoon into large bowl.
3. Stir cooked quinoa into cheese mixture until well blended. Stir in chopped fruits, and serve.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 65 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g