Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Nutritious and delicious, this pudding can work just as well as a breakfast dish as it can for dessert. For breakfast, offer berry muffins with fruit preserves alongside the pudding; for dinner, start with grilled tofu and a tossed green salad.
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling, and stir in quinoa. Cover pan, reduce heat to low and cook until quinoa turns translucent, for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whip together ricotta cheese and tofu until smooth. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Spoon into large bowl.
3. Stir cooked quinoa into cheese mixture until well blended. Stir in chopped fruits, and serve.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 1.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g