Its fine to substitute other vegetables for the ones suggested here, but try to choose those with a similar amount of crunch.
- 1 orange, juiced (1/3 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium stalks bok choy, sliced
- 2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 4 oz. soba noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix orange juice, water, soy sauce, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of ginger. Add tofu and stir gently to blend. Set aside to marinate while you cook vegetables.
In large Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and remaining ginger and cook, stirring often, until onion is golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in bok choy, celery and zucchini and mix well. Stir in tofu with marinade.
Bake until tofu is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly, 40 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook soba noodles in large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain, return to saucepan and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
Serve noodles with tofu and vegetables spooned over top. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired and serve hot.
- Calories: 217
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 140 mg