Marinated Zucchini Noodles with Crumbled Feta
A lemony marinade lightly "cooks” thin strips of zucchini in this tender Mediterranean salad. You can sub other fresh summer herbs for the parsley and mint. For uniformly wide squash noodles, use a mandoline to thinly slice veggies.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1. Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add zucchini and onion, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, or up to 2 days. Sprinkle with feta, green onions, mint, and parsley just before serving.
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 252 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g