This rustic dough has the delectable flavor of corn tortillas. If fresh or dried masa harina is not available, increase the flour to 1 1/4 cups—the dough will still be supple and delicious without the toasted corn flavor. To shape crusts that are perfectly uniform and round, use a small salad plate as a guide to trim your rolled dough. For a more rustic look, leave the rough edges.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough
- 1/4 cup masa harina
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 8 oz. cold cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1. Combine flour, masa harina, and salt in bowl of food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse 10 times. Add cream cheese, and pulse until dough comes together.
2. Shape dough into disc; cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
3. Cut chilled dough into 4 equal pieces, and flatten into discs. Roll each disc into 1/8-inch-thick circle about 7 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Calories: 224
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 47 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 165 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g