Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This rustic dough has the delectable flavor of corn tortillas. If fresh or dried masa harina is not available, increase the flour to 1 1/4 cups—the dough will still be supple and delicious without the toasted corn flavor. To shape crusts that are perfectly uniform and round, use a small salad plate as a guide to trim your rolled dough. For a more rustic look, leave the rough edges.
1. Combine flour, masa harina, and salt in bowl of food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse 10 times. Add cream cheese, and pulse until dough comes together.
2. Shape dough into disc; cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
3. Cut chilled dough into 4 equal pieces, and flatten into discs. Roll each disc into 1/8-inch-thick circle about 7 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 165 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g