Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Mashed cauliflower and potatoes combine with coconut milk to create a rich and creamy gluten- and dairy-free side for the holidays. Try them with our Porcini Gravy recipe to complete the dish.
1. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Cut cauliflower off of the stem into florets.
2. Steam cauliflower, potatoes, and coconut meat until tender (if using coconut cream, add in next step), about 20 minutes. Drain.
3. In a separate pot, combine coconut milk (and coconut cream is using) and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Use a potato ricer to rice potato, cauliflower, and coconut meat into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add reduced coconut milk mixture and remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning until it’s delicious.
7. Garnish with toasted Pecans, crispy shallots and fresh herbs