This recipe is so easy it can be made by people who swear they can’t make gravy!
- 2 1/2 lb. red-skinned potatoes (about 4 medium), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 5.5-oz. pkg. meatless burgers, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover, 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain; reserve cooking liquid.
Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and warm over medium heat. Add burger pieces, and cook 5 minutes, or until browned. Add mushrooms, cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix tahini, tamari and 1 cup water in bowl. Add to mushroom mixture, and cook 1 minute, or until thickened.
Mash potatoes with 1/3 cup cooking liquid, or more as needed.
Mound potatoes on plates. Make well in center of each mound, and spoon in gravy. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 482
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 640 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g