- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 pieces each
- 3/4 cup low-fat soymilk
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Shiitake Mushroom Gravy
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. rice flour
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage or 1/8 tsp. dried
In large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, until potatoes are tender but not mushy, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make gravy: Coat medium saucepan with cooking spray. Place over low heat and add onion and mushrooms. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their juices, about 10 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and 3 1/2 cups water, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Gradually whisk flour into mushroom mixture until blended. Simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in thyme and sage. Cover to keep warm.
Drain potatoes well and transfer to large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat potatoes on high speed 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in soymilk, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Add onion, salt, garlic and pepper and beat 1 minute more. Serve hot with mushroom gravy.
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 642 mg