We've provided instructions for having this pudding ready to eat in 30 minutes, but you could also just chill with plastic wrap pressed onto the surface.
- 1 13.5-oz. can light coconut milk, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 3-oz. bar vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Whisk together 1/4 cup coconut milk and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt in saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk 1/4 cup hot mixture into cornstarch mixture to form slurry.
3. Whisk slurry into hot mixture, and cook 3 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and whisk in chocolate and vanilla.
4. Transfer to metal bowl, and set in larger bowl filled with ice and water. Whisk occasionally to cool. Serve sprinkled with pinch of chili powder.
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g