30 minutes or fewer
For a hot, filling dinner, this take on a traditional Hungarian dish can’t be beat. Frozen spinach lightens it up and makes for a well-balanced meal. Serve over long, wide pasta to soak up the sauce.
- 2 tsp. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 cups frozen chopped onion
- 1 16-oz. bag frozen whole-leaf spinach
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen soy zesty Italian meatballs
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium high. Add onion, and sauté 10 minutes, or until golden. Add 1/3 cup water, spinach and soy meatballs. Cover, and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in sour cream just before serving, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through, but without boiling. Season with salt and pepper, and serve over egg noodles, if desired.
- Calories: 269
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 31 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 622 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g