Poultry seasoning is a savory blend of sage, thyme, marjoram, pepper and sometimes cloves, which adds hearty flavor.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 10-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained
- 1 12-oz. pkg. soy crumbles
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. ketchup, plus additional 2 Tbs. for topping
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. dried parsley or 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grind walnuts to powder in food processor. Set aside. Coat medium skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add celery, onion, green onions and garlic, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, and cool.
2. Mash tofu in bowl. Stir in walnuts, vegetables, soy crumbles, oats, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, parsley and poultry seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and spoon mixture into pan, lightly packing in. Spread thin layer of ketchup over top of loaf, and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to slice for sandwiches.
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 613 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g