Here, bulgur and veggies simmer in a tomatoey broth in the oven, rather than getting cooked on the stove top.
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 11/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
1 | Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2 | Toss cauliflower and red onion with oil in baking dish.
3 | Add bulgur, tomatoes, broth, feta, dill, and salt to baking dish. Gently stir with rubber spatula to moisten all ingredients. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
4 | Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed and cauliflower is tender. Remove foil. Adjust oven heat to broil, and broil 5 minutes, or until cauliflower and onion are lightly browned.
- Calories: 319
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 580 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g